Photography Contest 2012
Are you an enthusiastic Shutterbug? Do your family and friends comment on how you always seem to take the perfect shot? Do you have a favorite photo that you’ve taken that you would like to share with the community? Do you think you can capture some of the essence of why we all love being in James Bay? WE WANT YOU! Please take the time to send us your high resolution photographs in digital format by midnight on August 14, 2012. Winners will be announced soon after during our Victoria 150th Anniversary Celebration and Category Winners and Runners up will be displayed throughout the market and on our Website.
- Nature in James Bay
- Arts and Culture in James Bay
- Food in James Bay
- Heritage in James Bay
Rules and Entry Requirements
- Photographs must have been taken by the contest entrant
- The photograph must not have already won prizes in previous contests.
- The photos can NOT have been digitally altered or enhanced, or taken using digital colour filters.
- All photos must be entered no later than 12PM (Midnight) on August 14, 2012
- There is a limit of one entry per category, per entrant (aka. you can enter one photo in each category)
- If you have any questions, please contact Manager Sarah at email@example.com or onsite during the market day Saturdays from 9AM until 3PM.
- Once you enter your photo in the contest you are agreeing that James Bay Market has the right to display your photograph at the Market Site and/or our website, and on any signage or marketing material for our Society.
- All photo entries must be submitted in digital format firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital photographs are preferred, however high quality, high-resolution scans will be accepted if the original work was not taken in digital format. Resolution should be 300dpi.
- When emailing your entries, please include the words 2012 Photo Contest in the subject line of the email. Also, in the body of the email be sure to include your name, phone number, email address, the title of your photos, the category that each photo is being entered into, the Title of each Photograph and the general location of where the picture was taken.
- Explanations for how photographs are relevant to the category are welcomed if the connection is not obvious, however they will have no influence over the judgment of the quality of the photograph.
- Photo’s will be judged based on Quality, Style, Creativity, and Ability to capture the essence of Life in James Bay
- The contest is open to everyone to enter.
There are great prizes to be won. Good Luck!