Saturday, July 28 is Berry Day @ The Market!
Come Celebrate Berry Day July 28, 2012 at the corner of Menzies Street and Superior Street 9AM to 3PM
- Listen to author/farmer Fiona from Metchosin farm speak about how to grow, find and use both domesticated and wild berry varieties on the coast. (at 10:30 AM)
- Enter your berry pie in our Homemade Berry Pie Contest. (by 11AM, rules on reverse)
- Sample the pies from the berry pie contest with proceeds supporting the James Bay Market (1PM)
- Test your Berry Brain IQ with our Berry Identification Challenge
- Buy a variety of berry plants and canes from local growers
Best Berry Pie Contest 2012 Rules and Entry Requirements
- Pies must be entirely homemade from scratch. This means crusts must be homemade, and the filling can’t be store bought. Disposable pie plates are highly encouraged.
- This is a berry pie contest which means the pie filling must contain actual berries although additional flavors and ingredients are welcome to make your pie unique and delicious (ie apples,almonds, etc…). Pies will be judged on appearance, crust, filling, flavor, creativity and overall wow factor.
- All pies must be entered no later than 11 AM on July 28 2021.
- If you have any questions, or wish to pre-register your pie contacts Manager Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Once you enter your pie in the contest you are agreeing that James Bay Market has the right to use the pie for tasting, sampling, judging and fundraising.
Pie Champion bragging rights and prizes to be won. Good Luck!
©1970-2013 James Bay Market Society. All rights reserved.